Holy Macaroni but time flies.
With Christmas and New Year’s done and dusted there’s no need for any of that holiday blues. As mentioned in my previous post, one of the best parts of the festive season is having the time to plan for the year ahead and here’s why…
If it’s not scheduled, it’s not real!
So grab your finest vintage, add some funky tunes, and make a magical evening of it. Take a calendar and map out when you’d like to take a little break, long weekend or mini vacation.
It’s no secret that the health benefits are too overwhelming to ignore and in today’s digital world, it’s essential that you disconnect and set some time apart to reconnect.
Of course the goal is to take care of our body, mind and spirit but what about our personal relationships? We can have a great job, a fit body and financial abundance but without someone to share it all with, our lives lack significance and purpose.
A great love will undoubtedly amplify every aspect of our lives, so taking care of our personal relationships should be at the top of our list.
This is a topic I revisit often, and while I don’t claim to have it all figured out, here are 20 date night (or day) ideas to keep you from turning your date nights into a binge-watch Netflix marathon. Unless of course it includes the series finale, then by all means watch it.
1. Go watch a Live Band – Music
2. Have breakfast at your local market – Food
3. Take on a hot air balloon ride – Adventure
4. Go stargazing – Nature
5. Purchase vinyl records – Music
6. Have the best ice-cream in town – Food
7. Tickets to a comedy show– Arts & Culture
8. Take a mini-road trip – Adventure
9. Plan a games evening – Entertainment
10. Sunset Drinks on the beach – Outdoors
11. Challenge each other to a trail or park run – Outdoors
12. Have fun on a putt-putt (mini golf) course – Outdoors
13. Cave Tubing & Horseback Riding – Adventure
14. Plan a romantic weekend away – Romantic
15. Book a Bike & Wine Tour – Outdoors
16. Take a game drive – Nature
17. Hop On, Hop Off bus or train adventure – Adventure
18. Tickets to your local food festival – Food
19. An early morning scenic hike – Outdoors
20. Go watch a game & support your favourite sports team – Entertainment
Ask your partner to write down a few ideas too and choose a few you can diarise so long.
Take plenty of photographs and remember to have fun and enjoy each other’s company.
After all, the best thing about memories… is making them.